»      Home
    »      Our Schools
    »      Faculty
    »      Governing Body Members
    »      MC Members
    »      Center for Activities
    »      Infrastructure
    »      Achievements
    »      Photo Gallery
    »      Contact Us
    »      RTI Information
    »      Recruitment
Welcome to Andhra Education society (regd).
 
You can see here current News & Events of Society. ...
   

Andhra Education Society (AES) was founded in 1948 by Dr. Durgabai Deshmukh to serve the educational needs of Telgu Children residing in Delhi. The sapling planted by Smt. Dr. Durgabai Deshmukh 60 years ago with a single teacher and 20 students has grown up into a Banyan tree with a net work of five schools.
The Society, as a vibrant organization reaching new heights every successful year, has become a trusted name synonymous to quality education in the national capital. The important mile stones in the evolution of AES, during the last six decades are the following.

The Andhra Education Society came into existence in 1948. Since the Education facilities were not available for instruction through the Telgu medium, a group of Andhras met at the residence of Late Smt. Durgabai Deshmukh, 21 Canning Lane on January 24, 1948. They resolved that Andhra Education Society br formed and registered for providing adequate teaching facilities for Andhra Children residing in Delhi. On June 18,1948 the Society was registered.

The Soceity started its work with a census of school going Andhra Children. Forty Such Children were registered. The Society inagurated its programme with the organization of Hindi class on August 15, 1948 at Canning Lane under the auspices of late Smt. B Krishaaveniamma mother of Late Smt Duragabai Deshmukh. It was only in July 1950that the Society started its primary classes with 20 Childern and smt. P. Susheela Rao as a teacher at the Madrasi Higer Secondery School now Known as D.T.E.A. on Mandir Marg under a subsidy arrangement with Madrasi Eduaction Association through the good offices of Late Shri V.P. Menon. Continuing this arrangement the Society took up the task of securing a suitable site and collection of funds for the constrution of a building.

The Society was able to secure a site on Rouse Avenue now Known as Din Dayal Uppadhyay Marg with the generous help of Late Sadrar Vallabhbhai patel and of sri Sankar prasad, the then chief commissioner of Delhi with a Sum of rs. 500001/ raised by generous friends and the Government of Hyderabad. The Society lanched its construction programm on September 21, 1951, Shri Gulzarilal Nanda the then Union Minister for planning laid the foundation. After completion of the constrution of a few rooms. The Society‘s School moved into its own premises in July 1952 and the subsidy arrangement with the Madarsi Education Association (D.T.E.A.) discontinued.

At this Juncture the Andhra Eduaction Society, keeping in view the larger objective of service to all school –going childern irrespective of language or region or and in the belief that the cause of national intergration would be better served by doing so, threw open the doors of its intitution to all childern who sought admission.

The Government of Andhra was approached at this stage for financil aid for the constrution of the first floor and the Government through its Hon’ble Chief Minister the Late Shri Tanguturi prakasam responded with an adhoc grant of Rs. 1, 00,0001/ The andhra Eduaction Society to construct the left wing of the first floor which was opened by Andhra Kesari on 10th July, 1954.

The Delhi Administration provided the Society a handsome grant of Rs. 66,000/= for the construction of another wing. The School Auditorium was made possible by a generous donation od Rs. 45,000/= by Shri Velagapudi Ramakrishana (ICS). The constrution of Commerce and Domestic Science Block has been renderd by another generous donation of Rs. 50,000/= bu Late smt. Besty Darma teja and rs. 5,000/= each by five other donors. This block was opened on 19th May, 1961 by Late Smt. Indra Gandhi.

The first batch of the higer Secondary Students passed out of the school in March 1961. Encouraged by the achievement the Andhra Education Society set about the task of establishing a college the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (T.T.D) were approached for the necessary funds. Thanks to the efforts of the Exective Officer Shri C. Anna Rao the T.T.D. consented to Finance the constrution of the first and second floors of the Commerce and Domestic Science block through the advance payment of rent for the use of these two upper floors by the T.T.D. to house the Sri Venkatesware College.

During the first Decade on request from the residents of Karolbagh area a branch school with provision for instruction up-to “V” class was started in 1957.  Firstly located in a three roomed flat at 16A/1, W.E.A. Karol-bagh and then shifted to a Government Quarter in Dev-Nagar. This primary School was recognizad in 1958. the Andhra Education Society was originally alloted a plot of 0.66 Acres in Jhande-walam for this School but it could not be used as efforts were made to get an altrenative site. After five yearsof relentless pursuit, the Delhi Development Authority allotted a plot fo 1.6 acres in prasad-nagar. Encouraged by this self less workers led by Sri T. Ramchendera Rao have toiled for this school to get it recognized up to the middle level in 1968. To constrution a building for this School, Rupee One Lakh Building Fund Drive was strated with the help of Sri P.V. Narasimha rao the then Education Minister, Government of Andhra Pradesh Gave ad-hoc grant of Rs. 200001/=

The second decade saw the constrution of another 3 storey building of ITO School for starting Sri Venkateswara College by T.T.D and after shiftinf of S.V. College to its present location at Dhaula Kuan, of a building for the Sishu Vikas, Vihar, the Society’s Nursery School was also taken up with a grant of Rs. 150001/= sanctioned by the Central Social Welfare Board and Foundation Stone was laid on 21st August 1961 by Shri Bgawan Sahay the then chief Commissioner of Delhi. The shishu Vikas Vihar was inaugrated in 1963.

During the 3rd decade, Dr. Durgabai Deshmukh having nurtured the Society for 25 years handed ove rthe society to Dr. B. Venkatappaiah in 1972. An Integrated Devlopment Fund (IDF) was created with the generous grants of Rs. Nine lakh each by A.P. Govt and T.T.d. which paved the way for establishing a network of schools in other areas. Under this Expansion programme, 2 more schools one at Janakpuri and another at Lajpatnagar were simultaneously established in 1975.

In the 4th decade, permanent building was constructed for Prasadnagar School in 1981. Two acres of land was acquired for Janakpuri School in 1985, which till then was functioning in rented accommodation was shifted to this premises after constructing temproary hutments in 1986. The Society had also acqired 1.25 acres of land from Ministry of Urban Devlopment at 1986. The with a bunglow which was used for running the primary classes.

With this glorious past and a list of proud achevements the Society’s silver Jubilee celebrations were organized in 1972. Late Smt. Durgabai Deshmukh saw the fitting person to entrust thr responsibility of the Andhra Education Society to Dr. B. venkatappiah I.C.S. (RETD.)Father of many a scheme and orgnization took up the reins of the society. Without loss of time he got two surveys conducted to find out the heavy settlements of the Telugus and the number of their school going childern. Contruction of building, expansion of the andhra Education Society’s Higer secondery School into a junior college and starting of schools and Nursery section. Thanks to Sri J.Vengala Rao, the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and Sri C.Anna Rao, the then Chairman T.T.D., the Government of Andhra Pradesh and the Trimula Tirupati Devasthanams, graciously sanctioned a sum of Rs. eighteen lakhs towards the implementation of this programme.

During the last Fifteen  years, the society forged ahead with multifaceted achievements in both academics and imfrastructure devlopment.

  • Both the schools at Prasadnagar and Janakpuri were upgraded from Secondary to Senior Secondary level in 1992-93.
  • Two acres of land was procured at Pushp Vihar for Lajpatnagar School in 1944 and permanent school building constructed and inaugrated by Hom’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on 28th October 2001.
  • Foundation stone for permanent building at janakpuri school was laid in 1998 by the then Lok Sabha Speakar sri G.M.C. Balayogi, constructed at a cost of Rs. 2Crores, and inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on 28th  August 2002.
  • Foundation stone of Golden Jubilee Block at ITO School was laid by Shri N.Chandra abu Naidu, Hon, ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh in October 1998, with a generous financial assistance of Rs. 40 lakhs was received from Govt. of A.P. as grant-in-aid in August 1999.
  • Foundation stone of additional Block of Prasadnagar School was laid in December 2000 which was constructed at a cost of 1 crore in 2002.
  • A new middle school to cater the need of Eco weaker sections of the Telugu pepole residing at Trans yamuna (East Delhi)was started in 1995 at Mahrajpur which was later shifited to a new spacious premises in May 2002.

Today with a network of the following constituent schools, the AES continue to contribute its ingenious for excellence with ever flowing and confidence for all round development.With excellent track record of academic performance, all the schools have become most sought after institutins for local populace also. While catering to the needs of minority Telugu Community these are serving all other linguistic group and regions thus contributing to the cause of national intergration.

Sl. No.

Name of the  Shool

Location

Established in

No. of Students on Roll

1.

AES Dr. Duragbai  Deshmukh Seniour Secondary School

Rouse Avenue, DDU Marg, ITO

1948

2500

2.

AES Dr. B.V. Nath &T.R.Rao, Memorial Senior Secondary School

Prasadnagar
(Karolbagh)

1957

2450

3.

AES Senior Secondary School

Janakpuri

1975

1200

4.

AES Dr. ramesh Babu Memorial Secondary School

Puspvihar

1975

1400

5.

AES Middle School

Gazipur

1995

55


The first Four  schools are recognized and aided schoola receive 95%grant from Govt. of NCT of Delhi, while the Gazipur Middle school is recognize without aid by Department of Education Government of Delhi. Under the provision of Article 30(1) of the Indian constitution, all these schools are regarded as linguistic monority schools. While English is the medium of instructio, Telugu is complsory scholastic subject to all the childern up to middle level. From 9th Class onwards Telugu is optional subject up to 12th standerd. Both Science and Commerce streams are provided at+2level in all the Seniour Secondary Schools while the third stream “Humanities/Arts” is also availble in ITO School.